Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

pan de sal and polvoron

for now, it's timeout for my homilies and meditations...

for now, i am gonna set aside my reminiscenses and reflections, because i wanna give way for a special one!...

this may sound so trivial to you but for me, it's not.

do you know that from all the gift packages that i received in the past, this package which arrived and was delivered outside my doorstep this afternoon was the strangest?

yes, it contained two bags of fresh and yummy (mainit init pa kumbagah) Goldilocks pan de sal and a bag of Goldilocks polvoron from someone so very dear to my heart.

someone whose name she witheld from me but i kinda fondly call her sunshine.. yeah, it's my dear one,sunshine who sent me these goodies...
( becca, eat your heart out, LOL.... hhhmmm, i have not seen you visit me for almost a month now, i wonder what could have happened to you..have you lost your way to my house?.... just asking hhhmmm.)

what is so strange about the package?

first: it contained items that are perishable and expirable in so short a time, yet they did not get spoiled from ground transport;

second: the packaging was done in such a way that the contents inside were never crashed nor smashed despite their being loosely packed with only a thin white paper as its wrap-around protection.

And without the usual plastic bubbles and styropor peanuts for protection against smashing, piling or dropping, the goodies reached my hands safe and edible.

That's what so strange about it, and i shall call it a sort of a miracle just to think that the package was sent via ground transport in three days time by Fedex. it is indeed a blessing... manna from heaven sent by my angel, sunshine!...


To you dear sunshine, thank you and i can only pray for such a very kind heart in you...God bless you!

have a happy Wednesday....

6 comments:

Nice Salvador said...

Hi there. Father/Brother? I don't know what shall I call you. You don't have a message board so I thought of sending you a message through here. I just have a lot of questions in mind. I am a very inquisitive individual. I hope you can enlighten me on some things. Do you have YM ID? Do you have a cellphone no. where I can contact you? Are you allowed to chat? Mine's nice_salvador. Thanks. I may sound baffled but I just want to get in touch with you. Thanks. God bless.

In relation with your entry, I love Goldilocks Classic Polvoron. I can eat 1 pack (10s), in 1 sitting after a meal. Yummy. Who's your precious Sunshine? I'm also known as Sunshine by the way. Hehe.


That's all for now.

forevermonk said...

@nicey
hey there nicey..it's so nice so see you here...and i am glad that you have dropped by my haws hehehehe.....

just call me kuya dom for dominus lawrencius OSB , nyahahahahaha, haba eh.. kaya pare hindi ka mapagud mag type ay kuya dom na lang.

yeah- sure, just email me privately ay domlawrenceosb@gmail.com or send me an offline message in my YM domlawrenceosb at my yahoo.com acct.

i will be glad to be of help from whatever questions you may ask me about.

no problem nicey, you can alwayas keep in touch with me...kahit nga sa chikka pwede kang mag text sa akin eh, but nah, it would cost you a little peso for every text sent, kaya buti sa YM na lang or sa gmail ko.

woaaaaahhhh..super galeng mo naman pala sa pandesal nyahahahahah..bilib ako!.

my sunshine is a lady- or a gay- or a tomboy..heheheheh, actually ay hindi ko rin sigurado ang kasarian nya nyahahahahahah....
dahil isang araw ay bigla na lang syang sumulpot sa midst of commentors ko and from then on ay regular na siyang dumadalaw sa aking blog...

so sunshine ka rin pala? nice nick ang sunshine...it warms the heart..esp my cold heart...ahhh. kasi maginaw dito sa mundo ko kaya pati puso ko ay na pi penetrate ng ginaw mula sa snow hehehehehe....

have a nice day nicey!...and feel free to keep in touch with me....

God bless you.

Ronnie said...

papa dom lumalandi ka na naman ha. hehehe. ambait naman ni sunshine buti di nasira yung pandesal. ganon ata talaga kapag december madaming nanlalamig.

Anonymous said...

lol @ iRonnie...

uy hindi ako mabait ha...mahilig lang din sa pandesal...lol

TC dom ;)

forevermonk said...

@ronnie

nyahahahahahaah--- kaw naman, sympre dapat asikasuhin dail bagong dalaw sa bahay ko heheheh... nothing is meant for that gesture, alalahanin mong tatlong taon pa at ako ay isa ng ganap na pari? kaya baka mag hihingi ng payo yung tao eh,

eniweiz, may nag pop up sa window ko na wordpress at ni invite me na mag create ng blog--i did pero napakahirap naman pala dyan...hindi siya user friendly- kaya hayun, nag log off ako at hindi ko na itinuloy ang weblog ko ... will think in the future kung kakayanin pa ng oras ko ang pangalwang blag.

forevermonk said...

@sunshine,

uyyy sunshine koooooo!.... a million thanks again (with a profound bow!) to you.... napag meryehdahan ko pa ang pandesal kaninang 10Am sa gifsthop hehehehe..sarappppp.... nainitan talaga ang ispiritu at katwang lupa ko sa kinain kong pandesal, afterall ang meaning pala ng pan de sol na ginwa nating pan de sal ay bread of the sun....musta ka na?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...