Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2007

finally, i'm back and let me pour out-


let me begin by reflecting on the Gospel for today that says, when you pray for answers to a challenge that presents itself in life, just wait... for the answer will surely come.

I was surprised as I read today’s Readings and some more confirmation answering my unending questions lately.

Lately, I’d been feeling slighted on a certain matter; and all of life was feeling unfair. Why is it we start discounting ourselves when life gives us a blow?....

Lately, i was feeling so down and low and somewhat lost, and indeed, I have spent many hours in prayer. What was my next step?...

My centering prayer practice has taught me to pause in any given situation. Also, the prayer develops the practice of letting go, but still I would find myself reaching back and grabbing ahold of the feelings of pain and hurt again...

I was reading my "God Calling" book and finding some resolutions. But, trust is such a big step for such a little word. I’m paraphrasing, but I read, Trust God, and don’t feel defeated....

Know that I am strong because God is strong. That helps for sure, I thought. Strong enough to shield myself from the pain that was holding me....

God won’t give me anything more than I can handle. And, then I sat down to read and reflect on the readings for today, and I kept seeing confirmation upon confirmation, and immediately I thought, "okay I guess you do have to hit me over the head".

How many times do we fall short of displaying the mark of a Christian, or as we are referred to in Paul’s Letter to the Colossians, “God’s chosen ones”?

The more you are impacted by another, the harder it is to “put on” that virtue described in today’s readings. But, Luke’s Gospel goes even further, and reminds us it is not hard to act like a Christian when the going is easy. And you think, how many times have I read this reading?

But, yes, I can now relate, because when you lose someone who is very dear to you, something in you, a part of you, is lost, too and it is very hard to do the Christian thing;... to let go.

So, today I am being invited, we are all invited to look at the list of virtues and personalize the attribute. Can we apply these traits even when it is hard to do?...

Me, I have to keep praying for God’s strength to follow through with that which I know is the right thing to do with my situation.

More confirmation fueling my thoughts, a little less confusion; what more do I have to hear? Even still, I sit with some reluctance, but I have hope that I can and will do the right thing.....to let go and move on!

i also wish to thank the following dear friends (online and in real life) for the gift of time spent with me, for consolation, sympathy and friendship... for without you, such difficult things and events could have been so horribly hard, heavy and tough for me... becca , ironnie , jeprocks , sasha , brvinceceleste , wendy and karen

20 comments:

sadako said...

welcome back bro. we know you can do it. its hard but we have to. You will be on our prayers...

hay salamat bumalik ka rin online. musta ang travel mo. kita ko mga pics noyo ang saya heheh. namis ka ng blog ko Dom. pabalik balik ako dito para tingnan ko kung nagsusulat ka na uli.

papunta ata jan si chuva ah.

nice heartwarming reflection and outpouring. :-) take it easy bro for God is always behind us:

just would like to share with you a pasrt of the lyrics of the song "Strong and Faithful"

"Clouds of night may fill the sky
storms that rage may blur the day
but let your hearts rest in your God
he will shield us all the way

for though a thousand may fall
and mountains may crumble
we shall continue to stand

for men who are mighty and tall
may falter and tremble
we shall posses the land
for strong and faithful is our God
for strong and faithful is our God."

happy weeked!

Anonymous said...

hello...

well well, sa wakas bumalik kna... te'becca told me na ur back pro hndi ko alam na nakapag post kna pla ng bagong update kung hndi pa ako dumalaw sa blog mo... hndi ko pa malalaman na ur online again. well, just to say i miss u here!

i know u've been a lot of emotions this past days... and i know u handle it even it hurts. and alam ko rin na may nag pasaya sau nung umiwi ka ng Pinas.hihihi

"Theres a brand new day,To start with in"

keep smilling kuya...

ps. bumata ka ata sa pic mo ah...nd medyo ma-aliwalas na ang atmosphere ng blog mo... i hope ganun din ang puso mo... things will be fine.

its me VERA!

Anonymous said...

it is natural for a person to feel that way especially with what you have gone through. but take comfort in the fact that all things work together for the good of those who love God.

Anonymous said...

Thanks God, you arrived safe! :) Salamt for visiting me sa aking lungga :)

forevermonk said...

@bluepanjeet

sorry its only now ako nakapag reply- natulog ako kahapon from 4pm until this morning na 5am....sobrang puyat ang inabot ko while i was in there...
salamat sa thoughts mo- i appreciate them so much--kayu na lang nagpapalakas loob ko dito....
si chuva ay hindi pa nagpaparamdam sa akin-he will surely email me once he has decided to come over the monastery..sige tol= pagbutihin mo ang review--- :).... at salamat sa dalaw-
cook ako ngayun-feast of the exultation of the Cross ngayun kaya may sasabak na naman ako sa kusina--back to my normal routine...

forevermonk said...

@vera,

ey sis kooooo--sorry,, windang pa ang utak at puso ko sa mga nangyari-pero sa tulong ng mga smiles mo at mga pa encourage mo ay makakabalik ulit ako sa dating ako...salamat ulit-- ay sorry, hindi ko na nagawang maglakbay sa south dahil kulang na ako sa oras--hayaan mo sa susunod na vacation ko ay tiyak isasama ko ang cotabato sa itinerary ko...
labs you sis vera....at salamat sa mga nakaka relieve na mga words of encouragement....

forevermonk said...

@ironnie,

uy ronnie-salamat tol sa mga nakaka encoruage na mga words of wisdom mo--- without you, ay windang pa rin utak at puso ko ....salamat talaga pren!...

forevermonk said...

@brvince,
ay ako nga dapat magpasalamat--you actually were one of those who wiped and dried the tears in my eyes!....salamat talaga brother vince!....

Anonymous said...

Ei kuya ko! :)

Naku naman, ganyan talaga kuya... it'll take time before you can finally accept and let go. But you'll get there eventually. There will be times that you'll feel the loss even after years that it happened. Human nature na siguro. Prayers will really help. And I will pray that He'll give you enough strength to be able to cope up with everything that happened.

Smile naman dyan! Kaganda ng ngiti mo sa pics eh! Heheheh... Kita mo na ba post ko ha? Kahiyang maligaw sa bansang sinilangan neh? Hahahaha... Kaka-miss ka kuya! :)

O sya, kakagising ko lang at hawak na naman ng blog ko ang aking precious time heheheh

Welcome back, kuya! :)

Anonymous said...

*takbo towards kuya DOM, gives him a big tight hug!!*

*then smile, looking at kuya's eyes and utters: take your time, God will heal the pain...cast your burden upon Him if it gets too heavy *

so missed you...glad to see you 'back' ..regards from Holland.

forevermonk said...

@sasha
ey sashing, tama ka - its hard to accept pero sa umpisa lang siguro yun--time will heal all the pains..salamat sis. you came into my life just at the right time...just at the right timing...and with that-i thank you so sincerely....

honga, sabi ko naman saiyu noon di ba? na hindi mo hawak ang buhay mo- ang blog ang may hawak nito hahahaha...

now i can smile again with you there....

forevermonk said...

@thess,
hahaha- sis ko, thnks for cheering me up- hindi ko talaga alam ang gagawin ko kung wala kayu sa buhay ko...

Anonymous said...

hello...

wanna say how are yah my Kuya? 'ope ur doing pretty good as ever!

keep smiling! always remember theres always VERA.. for sure tatawa kana nyan...hihi-- no kidding, always remember theres VERA who always pray for you!

GOD BLESS U! happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Brother in Christ. I am Mark an Evangelical Christian. I joined your community because I am so curious about monks and monastic life. I finished in a Bible college in Canada as a Religious teacher, and its been my desire to connect with christian monks. In the Christian roots of my denomination I find roman catholic monks who were truly closely related to the Lord Jesus and whom we consider as our Church fathers as well. Findng your blogsite is a blessing for me. It's like finding something I have lost for so long. I will be regularly visiting your site to learn of God through you. May the Lord Jesus be praised!

forevermonk said...

@vera

heeheheheh---ikaw talaga sis. ayan napatawa mo na tuloy ako=== salamat talaga- paano na lang kay ako kung wala ka? kung wala kayu?..ah siguro hangang siguro sa ngayun ay hindi ko pa mahaharap ang si dating ako hahahaha...
i will find time to visit your sites--tomorrow sis-humanda kayu at kukulitin ko na naman kayu= bwhahahahah..

forevermonk said...

@macoy,

hey thanks to you macoy--so sir macoy ka pala!...( so you are "sir macoy" i should address you that)...i am glad and humbled too , that my site is helping you a lot and is a blessing to you!...i appreciate your joining my community.
will somehow visit your site too! God bless you macoy!

Anonymous said...

welcome back kuya dom! you were in my thoughts and prayers.. i'm really glad you're back.

hopefully you had a good reflective trip as well. magpaparamdam nga ako kapag ready na ko. for now, lipad muna ko sa california at magwawala lang.. habang libre pa.. ;)

i am so glad you're back!

forevermonk said...

@chuva,

uy kapatid ko!...buti napadaan ka sis or brod, aww whatever!, i dont care- basta kapatid kita tapos!....hehehehe.

sige magliwaliw ka muna sa calif...at siguraduhin mong makaka quota ka ha? nyahahahahaha....

at ingats lang--be safe always!....

kung ready ka nangmagpakamongha kahit ilang araw man lang, ay email mo na lang ako ok?...

salamat sa dalaw kapatid ko!...

JP aka Elmo said...

Kuya DOM, musta na? Welcome back! Glad to see your new posts again. I'm also glad that you're ok na and smiling na rin despite what you've been through. I know kaya mo yan. ^_^. Sorry that I never had the chance to meet you here. *sigh. You will always be on our my prayers.

God Bless kuya and take care!

forevermonk said...

@elmo

oo nga eh- nanghinayang talaga ako na hindi kita na meet at pati na din si bluepanjeet....but anyways tenks sa dalaw mo Jp...happy monday diyan :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...