Translate

Monday, June 18, 2007

my friends keep coming back....

Yesterday was truly a blessed day for me:

first, it was father's day ( and though i never had a chance in the past to experience being a biological father, yet, i still feel the feeling of being honored as a godfather to my so many godsons LOL)...

secondly: two groups of friends were here to share the blessings of the day with me. Dani FLores and his wife Amy, came with our Oblate brother Carlo to join us in the celebration of the Sunday Holy Eucharist...The three stayed the whole day and joined in our 4pm Main Meal at the refectory....

the third reason for me to be happy: Keas came back (for the third time )... to the monastery to spend two weeks with us! and to also invite me personally to come over for his "Ordination" in their Protestant Church as full-fledged Pastor...

his Ordination will be held in his Florida Church on July 1, 2007= barely just three weeks from now.

He will be back to Florida on June 25th, a day after our June 24th big day celebration of the feast of our patron Saint John The Baptist...

so, yesterday was truly a blessed busy day for me= because i had to divide my free time and apportion them to both the groups who needed my presence and company...
the couple with brother carlo at the reception lobby
with me are amy and brother carlo during our exchanging-pleasures moment at the reception lobby.
me and dani, amy's hubby
me and amy, dani's wife

after attending for some hours with the couple and with brother carlo, i had to excuse myself to be able to visit another friend.

Keas has been a long time pastor in the youth ministry of his Church in Florida. I posted an update about him sometime in Septemeber of last year. Check this
and this

or you may visit my previous posts (archives) about him dated 9/20/06 and 9/22/06.

I had to spend some hours of my freetime with keas as he requested me to listen to his sermon rehearsals which he was preparing for his first celebration of the Holy Eucharist after he gets ordained as full-fledged Pastor in his Church.....
Keas will be in his 'SILENT CLOSED RETREAT" beginning today,the 18th, ( until the 24th)....so that would mean that no one from among the monks and from among the guests of the monastery would not bother him nor talk to him during this period of solitude.....

6 comments:

sadako said...

it's good that you were able to have visitors; seeing other faces from time to time.

anyhow, thanks for the links of the capuchins. I haven't put any onmysite because my sidebar is so loooonngggg. I appreciate it very much.

are you still in tears? LOL Ihave tissue here if you want.

God Bless Kapatid!

Ronnie said...

i am wondering how you celebrate the feast of st. john there? do you throw water at each other? :D

forevermonk said...

@bluepanjeet

ei grabeee---naapektuhan ako talaga sa latest post mo na yun---nasa gitna pa lang ako ay bumubuhos na uhog at luha ko--..buti ikaw nung sinusulat mo yun ay di ka nangingnig at naiiyak...naku--baka ako yun , hindi lang iyak-=hagulgol talaga mangyayari sa akin-
matapang ka tol, i admire your guts.
salamt sa pagdalaw--i am in a rush again--goin to my chiropractor now--will be back late maybe in th evening...

th

forevermonk said...

@ronnie,

ay oo, nagbabasaan kamin mga pinoy monks dito--wisik wisik nga lang ng tubig dahil sympre napakalamig dito sa amin kahit summer na-hahahah,
salamat sa pagdalaw mo parekoy---gotta go na at nagmamdali na ako sa town trip ko- i am seeing my chiropractor tdoay and may be back evening= daming errtands ehhh--sige -dalaw ako site mo tomorrow..
God bless -ingats ka lagi...

Anonymous said...

bro, di ba contempaltive kayo? me, active-contempaltive kami... pwede ka sa labas? i mean, tumatanggap ng visitors inside? sensya na hehe, medyo nalito ako a...

forevermonk said...

heybro vince, our cloister is solely for the monks and we practice utmost silence inside the segregated Cloister- but our apostolate, which is our guesthouse with its gifshoppe, calls us to entertain guests from outside-inside the parameter of the reception area- ... that aspect makes us talk to our guests--- i dunno if it is coldblooded contemplative--- but that is what our life's observance is all about- siguro kung talagang yung contemplative na pre vatican style pa ang community ko ay naku, baka isang buwan lang ay nabuang na ako dito bwhahahaha--good thing at least with that lifestyle- i am able to release the humane side of me- ang pagiging sociable and madaldal hahahahah -either in writing or in actual face to face conversation...thnks for dropping by bro- kadarating ko lang actually --at agad ko binuksan ang site ko---....
gotta go now to my post and so i can update by and by...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...