Translate

Monday, August 3, 2009

God is in your corner

When I was seven years old, I ran away from home. I have had enough of my father's rules and decided to make it on my own. With my clothes in a crisped paper bag, I stormed out the back gate and marched down the alley[But] I didn't go far. I only got to the end of the alley and suddenly felt my stomach's crumbling. I was hungry, so I went back home. That was the end of it.

Though rebellion was brief, it was still rebellion nonetheless. And had you stopped me on that prodigal path, I could have told you how I felt about the whole thing. I just might have said, "I don't need a father. I'm too big for the rules of the family. "

I didn't hear the rooster crow like Peter did. I didn't feel the fish belch like Jonah did. I didn't get a robe and a ring and a pair of sandals like the prodigal son did. But I learned from my father on earth what those three learned from their Father in heaven.

Our God is no fair-weather Father. He's not into this love-em' and leave-em stuff. I can count on Him to be in my corner no matter how I perform. You can, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...