Translate

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dom Marcus and Dom Anton profess their Solemn monastic vows...

It's been four days since I last posted my update and now I am feeling guilty for such failure to post my updates. I am sorry about that my friends. Please accept my apologies.

Just to give you a recap of what occured to me for these past few days of silence from the net, let me glady tell you that last May 31st, on the celebration of Pentecost Sunday, two monks from my community professed their Solemn monastic vows and the consecration of these monks on that day marked the beginning of their perpetual monastic journey to our community. Let's give Dom Marcus, OSB and Dom Anton, OSB a big hand for having persevered from their monastic journeys to holiness.

Likewise, the occasion of their profession brought me back to a reconnection with some old friends whom I have not seen for a least ten months as I was away from the monastery for my seminary studies at St Meinrad seminary in Indiana. Some of these friends are long time friends who have witnessed my monastic travails since year 2002 when I entered the community as postulant. It is good to reconnect with friends and once again to have an exchange of pleasantries and bonding with them.
Tons of photos were taken during the profession ceremonies and banquet, and these photos below are just but a handful of them.....
the profession of monastic vows


the mystical burial


the prostration and consecration


just one of the souvenir poses after the rites of profession and Eucharistic celebration

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...