Translate

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

All Saint's Day hideaway with Parker Ferrell

before today: three days ago, that was Sunday, i was caught by surprise with my sneezing, runny nose, teary eyes and total discomfort- thought twas an allergy i got from an early 3:30Am rising to ring the bell ( I AM the bell rigner for this unfortunate week hhhmmp!)= the day was intended for the nurse sisters to give Flu shots to the brothers-, not minding of an impending colds, i submitted myself for the immunization- that was it!..i didn't finish the day but had to declare and wrote on the white board that i was sick- verry sick!
i stayed in my room and quarantine myself to get rid of it and as well as to isolate myself from the rest of the community brothers for possible contamination-(that is the least one can do to the brethren in a community when one is indisposed: do not spread the disease!...)
three long days passed with me in my room sleeping long hours- getting up- eating cookies and drinking teas- and sleeping again for more long hours ...and so on and so forth, my workloads were all frozen: my scheduled visit on monday to the water chlorinator gallery for water consumption of the month-end readings...my cooking on tuesday with parker who volunterred to help me cook provided that i will teach him the recipe in baking my monastery bread the best among them....my verisign credit cards electronic validation...shopping list to be faxed to Sam's Club for wednesday shopping...and my personal emails correspondence!...all of these momentarily stopped and were all waiting for me to get over from my Flu that was injected in me the day i had my symptoms and the day my resistance (which i never realized) was getting very low.....well, now its over- i am feeling a bit better with a hot bath in a tub full of suds and a gallon of epsom salt and esential oils courtesy of doctor Rosie ( nah, she isn't, we just call her by that name because of her skills and knowhow in holistic and herbal healings). and now: lawrence is back outside his cell with all the backlog workloads waiting for him-

the first i did when i went out early noontime was to attend SEXt prayers,then took my lightmeal and proceeded shortly to the water gallery to get the water readings for the end of the month of october.- on my way to the gallery, i chanced upon parker in the barn attending to the horses that were being treated by the community's veterenarian (hhmm, even the horses get sick too huh!) with fred. He was was very anxious why the cooking-with-me on tues did not push through- after learning of what happened to me- he volunterred to come along with me and help me with my work in the water gallery- and had photo session with me too as he is leaving on thursday after three weeks of stay in my community- he will be back with his parents at oklahoma but he said will drop at arkansas to have some weekend picnic with them before goin back home....
our images taken at the barn:


a fancy haloween widget from photobucket:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...