Translate

Friday, September 22, 2006

more of Keas

a candid interview with pastor Keas...
Coming from the streets of Dirty Dallas, Keas moved all his gear to Miami in 05 and has been trying to act like a Latino ever since. Part of his reason for moving to this city was to help overthrow reggaetone. He would rather chew off his own kneecap than listen to a whole album of it. And sorry to disappoint the ladies, but Keas found his love many years ago; her name is Pegleg (his cat with a messed up leg). Ask him and he'll show you his tattoo of her.

1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT ROOTS YOUTH GROUP?
-Yo, I love just kicking it with all my little brothers and sisters...this crew is like family! And there is nothing that fires me up more than seeing our students' hearts blazing for King Jesus. It's like a shot of adrenaline to me when one of these young brothers or sisters of mine begins to see themselves as a "kingdom agent."

2. WHAT'S ON YOUR IPOD?
-Everything from L.A. Symphony to Miles Davis to Coldplay to Smashing Pumpkins to Derek Web. I rock it all. Most played would be my Christian hip-hop (props to ma boy, CZ) and chilled DJ tunes from overseas.

3. WHAT ARE YOUR FAV READS?
-Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster; The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway; Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians by Lawson; Let the Nations be Glad by John Piper; A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren; Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis.

4. WHAT IS YOUR MYSPACE URL?
-Real complicated and still constructing it.

5. WHAT DO YOU DO IN YOUR FREE TIME?
-Flippin' love to snowboard (get to do lots of that in South Florida), play ball (basketball that is, the Lord's sport), and kick it with my boys. And I've got no shame in my game about being a nerd - I love to read. A book and hot tea is my combo.

6. IF YOU WERE A 350-POUND RAPPER, WHAT WOULD YOUR NAME BE?
-I would go shirtless and call myself "The Rolls Royce." ...THERE you go my friends, Pastor Keas with a K.

our most latest images:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...