Translate

Saturday, November 5, 2005

On struggling with passion


ahh, passions: ...matters of wanting...matters of desire...matters of the heart-->of LOVE. et al.
so, it makes sense to me now that if i want to honestly discern and address the passions of my heart, I should consider what i actually like to do and even NEED to do, or what most characterizes my way of handling my life.
I fully acknowledge these passions like the desire to be judgmental , the desire to control or manipulate , the desire for perfectionism , the desire of a need for constant approval , the distrust of others or mistrust of myself ,the fear of stillness or of silence , the tendency toward irritation or agitation , an attitude of impurity or darkness , a lack of self-control , and cravings or addictions of many kinds ( there are numerous of them ), and... a desire to deeply fall in-love in an inappropriate proportion.
In brief, that which makes me feel "high", where i do not have to face reality ; that is where my passions often lurk. These are the passions I may need to admit and address.

Then,knowing them becomes not crushing but a HEALING EXPERIENCE.

Then, i no longer excuse bad behavior ( or shall i say, inapropriate and/or unacceptable one ), but accept myself without delusions.

Then, fresh possibilities are discovered in my life and in my world.

I perceive new dimensions of reality; I see the same things as before, but now with new eyes.

That is why I prayed hard not to be rid of passions, but to be strengthened in my struggle to know, recogize, acknowledge and address them. For passions, therefore, reveal that i am innately equipped, and by my very nature endowed, with qualities through which I may be HEALED and RENEWED in order to MOVE ON.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...